Do you remember when you were young? We used to play jump rope games just because it was so fun to jump around. So why did we stop doing it? In fact, jumping rope is the perfect exercise to help you lose weight while still enjoying the process. Let’s take a look at some jump rope exercises and how they can help you get fitter and healthier.
Jumping rope exercises are easy to make and are a great way for beginners to start their fitness journey. All you need is a single rope and some open space. You don’t need a gym membership or expensive equipment.
Here are 3 jump rope exercises recommended by health coach Digvijay Singh that are perfect for beginners or anyone looking to lose weight.
Also read: Try these 5 easy but effective exercises for beginners to build muscle at home.
3 jump rope exercises
1. Jump forward
This is the traditional or common way to use a skipping rope. To do this, you have to jump over the rope with both feet moving the rope forward. Soon, your rope will gain momentum and you can continue jumping for another 15-30 minutes, or as long as your body. your permission
2. Jumping with crossed feet
as the name suggests for this exercise You have to jump in a cross pattern. This can be a little tricky. So start slowly. At first, you turn the jump rope forward by using your wrists and jump while crossing your feet to the other side. This can help you feel the strain in your quadriceps or thigh muscles.
3. Jump from side to side.
To do this exercise You have to start normally the way you do in the forward jump. Once you gain momentum Instead of jumping up and down in one spot Start moving sideways while jumping at the same time. First you jump a little to the right, then a little to the left. Make small changes or there is a high chance that you will fall. This will help you work your Achilles tendon.
Read about other rope workouts: Fight your weight problems and watch your body transform with battle rope workouts.
Benefits of jumping rope exercise
Now we know how to exercise by jumping rope. Let’s take a look at the benefits of these exercises as Singh explains to us.
1. It is a whole body workout and helps in stimulating every muscle in your body. Jumping rope exercises can be done as a warm-up routine before intense exercise.
2. Jumping rope exercises are undoubtedly helpful in weight loss. Jumping for 20 -30 minutes will help burn calories and tone your legs.
3. Helps Build Your Strength and Coordination Jumping rope requires balance and coordination of the hands, eyes and legs.
4. Exercise by jumping rope also lowers resting heart rate. A lower resting heart rate means more efficient heart function and improved cardiovascular performance.
5. Jumping rope exercises will improve your overall body balance and motor skills as well. So it’s a good idea to encourage your kids to indulge in physical activity by jumping rope too.
Leave a Comment