Whether it’s coconut oil aloe vera gel or banana mask Women have one or two home remedies. Some people believe in natural ingredients a lot. Another level is singer Halsey, who became a mother two years ago. And have breast milk as part of her skin care routine. The Grammy Award nominee also called it “the best of the best”. “The best skin care ingredient” in a recent interview. It makes us wonder if breast milk is really good for the skin? Here’s What the Experts Say About Halsey’s Beauty Secrets
In an interview with Nylon magazine, she stated that breast milk is “Full of antioxidants, good fats, and things that speed up the healing process.”
Health image linked with Dr Madhu Juneja, Senior Consultant – Obstetrician-Gynaecologist, Cloudnine Group Of Hospitals, Kalyani Nagar, Pune, to see if breast milk can be used as a skin care ingredient.
benefits of breast milk
New mothers should breastfeed their babies because they contain carbohydrates. vitamins and minerals It is an ideal food that is easy to digest and prevents infection.
• Vitamin D promotes bone growth. and protects the baby from rickets.
• White blood cells and lactoper oxidase prevent the growth of pathogens.
• Lysozyme, lactoferrin and interferon prevent infection.
• Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids are good for neurodevelopment.
• Immunoglobulins prevent infection.
Experts say it is a complex special fluid that contains nutrients, enzymes and antibodies for the growth and development of the baby.
Mother’s milk and skin care
Many women view breast milk as just baby food because of its high nutritional value. Some adults even dare to try breastfeeding. Immune benefits And its good qualities have led some to believe it can be used on the skin. Dr. Juneja says breast milk’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it even more reassuring for certain skin conditions. According to the National Library of Medicine, breast milk is Method of treatment It is also sometimes used as a treatment for cracked nipples or skin infections.
Dr Juneja says the use of breast milk for skin care is not backed by strong scientific evidence. But not that it can moisturize the skin. Some people use it to treat eczema, acne, or diaper rash. However, it’s important to note that milk is a bodily fluid that has bacteria in it. Therefore, it should not be used on open wounds.
In addition, breast milk is a source of nutrition for babies. And using milk for skin care will decrease your baby’s milk supply.
But if you still want to try Don’t leave breast milk on your face overnight. Experts say it’s not recommended to leave breast milk overnight or longer. It is a bodily fluid that contains microorganisms and bacteria that can cause adverse effects on the skin. Seeing your dermatologist for skin-related issues is better than treating conditions like eczema or acne on your own.
Disadvantages of breast milk on the skin
Although breast milk is a natural and nutritious food for infants, But there are a few downsides if you apply it on your skin. Here are some of the problems you may face:
• There is a risk of bacterial infection. This is especially true if you apply breast milk to your face without maintaining proper hygiene.
• May cause allergic reactions. Therefore, when using breast milk, apply only on the spot. It can cause redness, swelling, hives and itching.
• Your baby will get less milk if you use it in your skin care routine. may make the child not ready And later, the little one may have a weak immune system or get sick.
So, although breast milk is beneficial for the skin But it’s important to check with your doctor first.
Leave a Comment