There was a time when winter clothes were found in the Indian wardrobe until March, things have changed. and according to the Indian Meteorological Department February 2023 is India’s hottest on record since 1901! With soaring temperatures and no rain It seems to be getting hotter every day. If you don’t care enough The side effects of heat waves can be seen and felt on your skin. You can try DIY cool face masks to keep your skin healthy and happy.
To find out what heat waves can do to your skin. HealthShots Reach out to Dr. Jaishree Sharad, a popular dermatologist, author, TEDx speaker and founder of Skinfiniti Aesthetic Skin and Laser Clinic in Mumbai.
heat waves and skin
It’s not just heat exhaustion that you should be concerned about during a heatwave. It can have a number of effects on the skin.
During the heat wave High temperatures and humidity can cause excessive sweating and fluid loss. This leads to dehydration. Dr Sharad says this can make skin look dull, dry and flaky.
Too much sun exposure during heat waves can cause sunburn. which can damage your skin and increase your risk of skin cancer.
3. Heat rash
Prolonged exposure to heat and moisture can cause heat rash. These are small, red, itchy bumps on the skin.
4. Pimples and Acne
Heat and humidity also increase oil production. This can clog pores and lead to acne and pimples.
5. Getting old
Exposure to the sun’s UV rays during heat waves can speed up the aging process. Causing wrinkles, wrinkles and age spots to appear earlier than usual
Needless to say, to protect your skin during heat waves. You should avoid prolonged exposure to the sun during peak hours. Experts say it’s important to maintain enough water. Apply sunscreen the right way And wear loose, breathable clothing to prevent heat rash. Also, now is not the time to apply heavy makeup. that can clog pores and aggravate acne and inflammatory acne
DIY cooling face mask
While making a to-do list during a heat wave Don’t forget to make time to make your own cooling face mask at home. Here’s a simple way. You can try it!
1. Cucumber and Aloe Vera Mask
• 1/2 cucumber
• Aloe vera gel 1 tablespoon
• Blend cucumber and mix with aloe vera gel to make a smooth paste.
• Apply the mixture on the face, leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
Benefits of Cucumber and Aloe Vera Mask
There are many benefits of eating cucumbers. Applying will have a cooling effect on the skin. Aloe vera is also known for its moisturizing and soothing properties. Dr Sharad says these two ingredients can help reduce inflammation and redness in the skin.
2. Mint and Yogurt Mask
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
• Mash the mint leaves and mix with yogurt to make a smooth paste.
• Apply the cream all over your face and wash it off after 10 to 15 minutes.
Benefits of Mint and Yogurt Mask
Mint cools the skin. And the lactic acid in yogurt can help exfoliate and brighten your skin. So if you think you can get the benefits of yogurt just by eating it, think again.
3. Rose Water and Sandalwood Mask
• Sandalwood powder 1 tablespoon
• 1 tablespoon of rose water
• Mix sandalwood powder with rose water to form a paste.
• It is also necessary to keep it on your face for 10 to 15 minutes.
Benefits of Rose Water and Sandalwood Mask
Sandalwood is also good for cooling your skin. As for rose water, it can help replenish moisture and tone the skin.
4. Cucumber and Yogurt Mask
• 1/2 cucumber
• 1/4 cup plain yogurt
• Puree the cucumber and add yogurt to make it smooth.
• Apply on the face, leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse.
Benefits of Cucumber and Yogurt Mask
Cucumber acts as a refrigerant. Yogurt can help exfoliate and moisturize the skin.
5. Mask with green tea and honey
• 1 tablespoon of green tea leaves
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• Soak green tea leaves in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Strain the leaves and mix the tea with honey to make a paste.
• Apply to face and once more. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
Benefits of Green Tea and Honey Mask
Green tea is rich in antioxidants and has a cooling effect on the skin. while honey can help moisturize and soothe the skin. There are so many ways to use green tea to nourish your skin!
Experts say these face masks are especially helpful during hot weather or after sun exposure.
Face masks to avoid during heat waves
During the heat wave Avoid face masks that contain ingredients that can increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun or cause irritation. This includes masks that contain retinoids, AHAs, BHAs and vitamin C, says Dr Sharad. These ingredients can make your skin more vulnerable to sun damage. And may cause skin irritation or sensitivity when exposed to sunlight.
It’s also best to avoid face masks that contain clay, which can dry out your skin. This can make heat-induced dehydration worse.
Leave a Comment