Temperatures are skyrocketing everywhere in India. The heat will gradually unbearable for people in shocking news 11 people died due to heat stroke in Navi Mumbai at the ‘Maharashtra Bhushan’ awards ceremony held on 16 April. Due to the heat, 50 people were reportedly hospitalized and many complained of dehydration, dizziness, nausea and chest pain after standing in the open in Kharghar.
Heatstroke, the cause of the deaths of nearly a dozen people in Mumbai. Heatstroke is a serious condition that causes your body to overheat to the point of death. Health Shots Contact Dr. Anurag Aggarwal, Internal Medicine Consultant, Fortis Escorts Hospital, Faridabad, Haryana for all the information about heatstroke and what we can do. can be done to hedge
What is heatstroke?
Heatstroke, or heat stroke, is a medical emergency that occurs when your body is unable to cool down and become overheated. Immediate attention is required. And sometimes even a slight delay can lead to serious consequences. “The most serious heat-related illness, heat stroke, is characterized by a body temperature of more than 40 °C (104 °F),” Dr. Aggarwal explains. Nervous system abnormalities”
There are two types of heatstroke you need to know about:
- Heat stroke (EHS): Young people who engage in prolonged, strenuous physical activity in warm environments are more likely to suffer from EHS.
- Classical non-exertional heat stroke (NEHS): Usually affects young children. elderly people who do not exercise Classic NEHS is more prevalent in regions that are often intolerant of extreme heat and occurring during environmental heat waves.
Both types of problems are linked to high morbidity and mortality. Especially when cryotherapy is postponed and the patient is not treated promptly.
Recognize the symptoms of heat stroke.
Heatstroke usually occurs when the body temperature is above 41°C. However, it is normal for the body temperature to drop below 41°C when sweating. evaporation process and the resulting cooling measures. Dr. Aggarwal lists the symptoms.
- Central nervous system symptoms can range from irritability to coma.
- An eye exam may reveal nystagmus. (a condition in which your eyes move continuously and uncontrollably) and eye symptoms (intermittent movement of the eyeball in a fixed position) due to cerebellar injury The pupil may be fixed, dilated, pinpoint, or normal.
- Cardiac signs may include high dynamics, tachycardia, low systemic vascular resistance. and high cardiac index
- Gastrointestinal symptoms can lead to complications such as intestinal necrosis and gastrointestinal bleeding.
- It often leads to acute kidney injury, which can be caused by hypoglycemia. Decreased heartbeat and myoglobinuria (caused by rhabdomyolysis).
How can you treat or prevent it?
can be avoided And the only effective way to prevent it is through knowledge. experts say You can prevent this by eating a healthy diet. Reduce alcohol and drug use Refrain from using substances that impair heat dissipation. and physical activity
As for treatment, Dr. Aggarwal says cold immersion is a more effective way to quickly lower the body’s core temperature below the dangerous levels typically seen in heat stroke patients.
Leave a Comment