Loss of volume is one of the most common hair problems today. Thinning or falling out can cause your hair to look flat and even patchy bald. When we see a decrease in hair volume We often think that hair loss is the cause of the problem. Although hair loss is the main problem But it may not be the only cause of hair loss. Hair loss may add to your pre-existing hair problems. Both of these terms may sound similar to you. But there are clear differences. If you are someone who is confused between the two words. We are ready to explain to you.
Health Shots reached out to Dr Mandeep Singh, HOD-Plastic Surgery, Paras Health, Gururgram to understand the key differences between hair loss and hair breakage.
What is hair loss?
Hair loss and hair breakage are two hair problems that most people face. Although both conditions can cause hair loss. But caused by different factors and have different characteristics.
Dr. Singh explains the problem of hair loss. “Hair loss, more commonly known as alopecia, occurs when hair follicles reach the end of their growth cycle and naturally shed. On average, people lose between 50 and 100 hairs per day, which is normal. However, excessive hair loss can be a sign of a health condition such as hormonal changes, stress, nutritional deficiencies, or other health problems. or genetic Hair loss often results in entire strands falling out of the roots. Leave a white bulb at the end of the line.”
hair loss treatment tips
Hair loss can be controlled with the right advice and routine. You may follow the instructions below to see visible results.
• Apply to hair at least once a week to promote scalp health.
• Switch to gentle conditioners and shampoos that are free from parabens and sulfates. Such products cause minimal damage or dryness to hair.
• Wash your hair 2-3 times a week to keep your scalp clean.
• Your diet plays an important role in maintaining the health of your hair. Include foods rich in iron, omega-3s, and other essential vitamins. To make your hair strong and healthy from within.
What is hair loss?
“On the other hand Hair breakage occurs when hair breaks due to external factors such as excessive heat styling. harsh chemicals tight hair style Or brushing and combing your hair while it’s wet. Hair loss often results in shortened and uneven hair that looks coarse and falls out. Unlike alopecia, hair loss usually does not cause white bulbs at the ends of the strands,” the expert explains.
Also Read: Bhringraj Can Help Boost Hair Growth And Control Hair Fall! know how to use
Tips for treating hair split ends
• Hair breakage occurs when your hair becomes dry and brittle. The best cure is to replenish the moisture back into the hair. You can start using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner on your tresses that will help your mane grow back.
• You may start using a hair repair mask twice a week to lock in the moisture in your hair.
• Finally, try to avoid hair styling tools and heaters as much as possible.
Leave a Comment