One of the best ways to control your mental chatter and harmonize your body is to practice deep breathing techniques. In the world of yoga, breath control is called pranayama. It is an important element of yoga that results in a healthy body and mind. In Sanskrit, ‘Prana’ means life force and ‘Yama’ means control. In Pranayama, a person uses different breathing techniques.
While we already know Anulom Vilom, certified yoga teacher Shynee Narang has drawn people’s attention to other forms. of pranayama through her social media pages. Experts say that these are pranayama techniques that are essential in daily life and suitable for all body types.
Practice these breathing techniques to improve your overall well-being.
By learning to control your inhalation and exhalation. You can learn to create harmony within your body. The important pranayamas in daily life are:
1. Anulom Wilompranayama
Anulom Vilom improves patience, control and concentration. It also relieves a person from problems such as stress and anxiety.
How to practice Anu Lom Wilom?
• Use the middle and index fingers of the right hand to fold in towards the palm. Put your thumb on your right nostril and your ring finger on your left nostril. Close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril until your lungs are full.
• Next, take your thumb back and close your left nostril using your ring finger.
• Exhale slowly through the right nostril.
• Now practice the opposite. This time use the right nostril to inhale and the left nostril to exhale.
• Exhale through the left for one cycle.
• Practice as many rounds as possible, trying to maintain equal inhalation and exhalation times, if possible.
2. Ujjayi Pranayama
Ujjayi Pranayama calms the nervous system and the mind. and increase sensitivity to psychic powers Help people with insomnia and reduce heart rate and blood pressure.
Also read: Here’s how practicing Nadi Shuddhi pranayama can help you feel calmer.
How to practice Ujjayi Pranayama?
• Start by covering your mouth to tense your throat. (glottis)
• Start inhaling after a short, slow, harmonious exhalation and a long continuous inspiration.
• Then blow air through your constricted neck, making a sarcastic sound.
• Continue inhaling until your chest feels full.
• Stores inhaled air within seconds.
• Now exhale slowly. naturally by avoiding jerky or hasty movements
3. Paramari Pranayama
This type of pranayama helps to relieve stress. reduce blood pressure Increase good sleep by releasing tension in the brain. and soothe the nerves
How to practice Bharamri Pranayama?
• Start by closing your mouth and creating a slight gap between your teeth.
• Cover your ears with your thumb. and close your eyes using your fingers
• Produces an ohm-like sound as you exhale through your nose, which creates a hissing sound.
• Repeat 8-10 times and rest.
Tips for practicing effective breathing
Follow simple instructions and instructions. These will make your daily pranayama more effective.
• Always choose a comfortable sitting position. (You may place a cushion under your hips if necessary.)
• Straighten your spine and neck and close your eyes.
• relax facial muscles And keep your nose clean (try Jal neti).
• Be mindful and free from clutter that is out of time.
• The inhalation and exhalation should be regular and rhythmic, uninterrupted and not jerky.
Leave a Comment