The key to a successful skincare routine is choosing the right skincare products for your skin type and following them strictly. But sometimes it’s hard to figure out which is better for your skin. While you must be familiar with hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and collagen, have you heard of retinoids? Retinoids are popular in the beauty world and for good reason. The benefits of retinoids are many. This magical ingredient can be found in many skincare products. including moisturizers, serums, and even cleansers. It can do wonders for your overall skin health. But they are especially recognized for reducing visible signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. Simply put, retinoids are good for your skin.
Difference Between Retinoids and Retinol
Many people are a little confused about retinols and retinoids. There are some similarities between these two anti-aging ingredients. Retinol is a type of retinoid. However, retinoids often refer to less potent over-the-counter (OTC) formulations. While retinoids often refer to stronger prescription drugs, you should only use them as prescribed by your doctor.
Health Shots caught up with beauty industry veteran Dr Blossom Kochhar, president of the Blossom Kochhar Group of Companies, to find out how retinoids can improve the health of your skin.
Do Retinoids Help Reduce Wrinkles?
“Retinoids are derived from vitamin A,” says Dr. Kochhar. which is used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles when you get older Collagen production is reduced. causing wrinkles and sagging skin Retinoids stimulate collagen production, which helps keep skin firm and plump. This effectively improves overall skin texture.” All in all, retinoids are the ultimate anti-aging ingredient!
Other Skin Benefits of Retinoids
In addition to reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Retinoids, which are derivatives of vitamin A, are also very beneficial for your overall skin health. Here are some other benefits:
- Can help improve skin texture and tone.
- Helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and acne scars and keeps pores from clogging.
- It can also treat acne, psoriasis, and other skin conditions. at some level
- when used regularly Retinoids can help your skin look smoother, healthier, and look younger.
- Retinoids also stimulate the production of hyaluronic acid. It is a natural moisturizer that can help plump up skin and reduce scarring.
- Retinoids can help fade hyperpigmentation caused by hormonal changes or sun exposure.
How to use retinoids for skin?
Follow these steps to apply retinoids to your skin:
Step 1: Use a mild cleanser. clean skin Then pat dry. Avoid exfoliating while using retinol products.
Step 2: Apply a pea-sized amount to your skin. Be careful not to get it in your mouth, nose or eyes.
Step 3: Finish with a face cream and sunscreen. Use once or twice a week.
Things to keep in mind while using retinoids.
Keep these 5 things in mind while using skin retinoids, according to Dr. Kochhar:
1. It is recommended to start with a low concentration and gradually. increase over time
2. It’s important to note that retinoids can cause irritation or dryness. especially when starting to use it for the first time
3. Use a natural and gentle cleanser And wait at least 20 minutes after cleaning. before applying retinoids
4. Don’t Leave Moisturizer After Applying Retinoids Because it will help prevent dryness and flaking.
5. Use sunscreen during the day. This is because retinoids can increase your skin’s sensitivity to sunlight.
in addition to these It’s important to use retinoids as recommended by your dermatologist. Because it can cause irritation and sensitivity if used incorrectly.
Leave a Comment