Let’s take a look at how to make healthy raw turmeric halwa. nutritious and delicious until the mouth waters Also known as fresh turmeric or kacchi haldi halwa, Halwa is one of the most beloved Indian dessert options. especially in winter And what could be better than perfecting our winter season by adding something that boosts our immune system: turmeric!
Raw turmeric halwa is a traditional Indian dessert made from fresh turmeric root. It is a delicious and healthy way to consume turmeric. It has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine for its many health benefits. It’s also a great dessert option for diabetics. If eaten in moderation Raw turmeric can benefit diabetics.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric Halwa:
1. Anti-Inflammatory Properties: You may have noticed that your grandparents drank warm turmeric milk. to treat joint pain They do so because turmeric contains curcumin, a potent anti-inflammatory that can help reduce inflammation and pain in the body.
2. Digestive Health: Turmeric is known to improve digestion and relieve digestive issues such as bloating and gas.
3. Antioxidant properties: Turmeric is a rich source of antioxidants that can help protect the body from free radical damage and oxidative stress.
4. Immune System Support: Turmeric has immune-stimulating properties that can help strengthen the immune system and reduce the risk of infection.
5. Brain Health: Turmeric has been shown to improve cognitive function and protect the brain from age-related decline.
6. Regulates Blood Sugar Levels: Turmeric has been shown to help control blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity and reducing insulin resistance. This can help diabetics maintain a stable blood sugar level.
Now that we know the magical health benefits of kacchi haldi halwa, let’s quickly start cooking by following this simple recipe.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make raw turmeric halva.
* 1 cup grated fresh turmeric root
* 1/2 cup ghee (use less to make it healthier)
* 1/2 cup palm sugar (unrefined sugar)
* 1/4 cup chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios)
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1/4 cup of water
Wash and peel kacchi haldi or fresh turmeric, grate using a fine grater or food processor.
Now put a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat and put the ghee in it.
Add the grated turmeric to the pan and stir continuously for 10-12 minutes until the aroma and raw smell disappear.
Add jaggery and stir until dissolved and blend well with turmeric.
Add chopped nuts and raisins and stir.
Add 1/4 cup of water and stir constantly. until the mixture thickens and begins to leave the sides of the pan
Once you have achieved the desired consistency Turn off the heat and let the halwa cool for a few minutes.
served hot or cold Garnish with chopped nuts.
Storage: Turmeric halwa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. To warm Heat it in the microwave or on the stove.
Why not make some traditional Indian sweets at home and enjoy their delicious and healthy taste. So grab your grater and get ready to make this delicious and nutritious dessert!
Leave a Comment